Saturday, November 7, 2009

Here is Etsy's TeamMIDS Halloween miniatures slideshow! I have a few things in there along with oodles of spooky goodies from the many other talented artists in my team.

The Halloween slide show is currently featured on the TeamMIDS blogspot too but will soon be moved for the next theme so that's why I gave the direct link. Anyway, go check out our blog for many other fine scale dollhouse miniatures! Golden Unicorn and Blue Kitty are our fearless leaders and there are so many members I can't name them all here.




Also, my one of kind Spooky Autumn Moon Bed is the featured miniature of the week on the Team BlogSpot! I'm very honoured to have something chosen. Thank you GUM!

This particular piece is an altered vintage handmade bed. It was pretty old but the wood was sturdy. I used epoxy clay, paper clay, wire, actual twigs and vine tendrils, dried moss, and jewelry findings in its facelift. It was then base painted black, dry brushed sage, inked with chestnut and green, drybrushed bone and gold, then glazed and sparkled. I made the bed coverings from vintage black lace and buckskin. I edged the coverlet with silk bats. A rusted tin star and silk marigold completed the harvest look. The piece sold earlier this Spring.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fabulous!!!! I love the snaking roots!!!

Grim said...

Thank you! I used actual roots and then molded epoxy clay to join the pieces and make smaller tendrils. I need to go digging around for more roots now. My lantana plants have great twisted ones!

Lisa said...

These are wonderful projects - thank you for sharing!

I hope you don't mind, I have an award for you on my blog, please visit me at www.lisajohnsonrichards.com/blog to receive the award, thank you.

Lisa x

The Creative Bohemian said...

The bed is phenomenal! Very creepy, but beautifully executed. Beautiful work.

Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails